Teacher Training - Extensive
Course design: Based on our popular and proven methodology, of course, with lots of love and experience.
For this new format, we cooperate with our parent-institute, TTI (Teacher Training Institute) DaF in Freiburg. Beside a curriculum which contains a lot of Insula material, we've developed a different format: The Teacher Training Cologne is part-time, twice a week in the evenings (teaching practice) + Saturdays (Grammar and Methodology). Observation in our running courses are also part of the training.
Duration: 4 months
- Pre-course: Language Analysis (4 weeks)
- Main course: Methodology and teaching practice (approx. 12 weeks)
- Pre-course: two evenings per week 18.30- 20.30h + 2 Saturdays 10.00-14.30h
- Main course: Saturdays, 10:00 - 14:30h, two evenings per week 18:00-21:30h
Total course content:
24 hours language analysis
50 hours methodology
40 hours of teaching practice
32 hours of classroom discussion
20 hours of observation
The course is based on the English CELTA format, which has a very good international reputation.
Enrolment and requirements:
- General university entrance qualification
- Special grammar skills are helpful but not a prerequisite as they are part of the curriculum
- Registration is possible (after the interview) up to two weeks before the course starts.
Next Course: as of 9th October 2023